[Users] Save encrypted e-mails unencrypted

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Fri Oct 18 18:56:59 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:36:21 +0200
Matthias Winter <mat.winter at arcor.de> wrote:

> I know there is an option to save sent mail in unencrypted form. But
> there is no option to do this for received mails. This is unfortunate
> since encrypted mails cannot be searched. I am not aware of any other
> mail client which can do that, but Hassles like this keep people
> (including me) from encrypting their mail.

Well, I'm using :
 - encrypted HDD,
 - encrypted emails from time to time,
and I'd rather not have Claws storing them un-encrypted.

If that's a search problem, I'd prefer Claws to ask me the decryption key
while searching, and not sacrifice security (remember, even if your HDD is
encrypted, once the partition is mounted, the encryption doesn't protect
anymore the content for someone that can gain access to the machine :(

My $0.02,
Best,
Paul