[Users] On which Linux distro is Claws Mail best supported?

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Thu Oct 3 22:18:02 CEST 2013

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 22:03:48 +0200
vitsen at gmx.com wrote:

> Since emails would be my main activity on the operating system, I want to make sure that Claws Mail will work in the best possible way on the platform that I choose.
> I am a bit worried, as I have read on some posts that there are significant bugs in Debian (if I remember correctly). So, does this mean that such bugs are also present on Ubuntu, which is based on Debian? Should I avoid all Debian/Ubuntu-based distros?
> Since my operating system should be able to run on a low-powered netbook, I was thinking of something like Lubuntu (which is also based on Ubuntu).
> What do you suggest?

I have been using SolydX for several months now, and run Claws-Mail and Firefox without any trouble.

It is a trimmed-down derivative of Debian with the XFCE light-weight window manager, 32 and 64 bits versions available, needs relatively little memory and HD space, boots and stops very quickly (compared to the KDE Mageia I ran before) and I am very pleased with it.http://solydxk.com/

http://solydxk.com/

Cheers,

Ron.

PS Make sure you get SolydX and not SolydK, the latter is the KDE version, and KDE is a memory and ressources hog.
--
                            Computers are useless.
                       They can only give you answers.