[Users] Ancient version of GnuTLS included with Claws-mail for Windows

marlene.pratt at hushmail.com marlene.pratt at hushmail.com
Sun Nov 17 23:47:14 CET 2013

The version of GnuTLS included with Claws-mail for Windows is far too old, it does not even support TLSv1.2. This makes communication with e.g. Gmail less secure than it could be.

I have manually updated the files with a more recent version of GnuTLS and claws-mail for windows automatically started using TLSv1.2 on supported servers (e.g. Gmail). No other configuration changes were necessary.

Upgrading GnuTLS would also eliminate some known attacks against TLSv1.0, such as BEAST.

I suggest a new version of Claws-mail for windows is released with upgraded version of GnuTLS.