[Users] Claws & Mutt, Tags?

Jens Kjaerulff jk at socant.net
Tue Nov 12 19:42:36 CET 2013

Thanks Paul - I wonder if you are able to slightly expand, see below:

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 06:35:52 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:14:05 +0100
> Jens Kjaerulff <jk at socant.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there a reasonably simply way to synchronize this local message
> > with the version on the server (as one could expect using imap), or
> > is there another way to mass-transfer existing Claws tags to the
> > same messages on the server, for use in Mutt?
>
> You simply apply Tags in Claws to messages.
>
> When you do this to an IMAP message, the tag is stored on the IMAP
> server. E.g, I tag a message 'test' in Claws:
>
> [06:33:56] IMAP4> 11 UID STORE 10 +FLAGS.SILENT (test)
> [06:33:57] IMAP4< 11 OK Success
>
> You can see this in the network log.

Where is this tag actually stored on the server? I suspect not directly
in each message file? If it is in some separate system file specific to
claws, I doubt I would be able to make Mutt interpret that file. That
was why I liked the idea of adding an X-Label header (or some other
'tag') directly into each tagged message. But as long as such a
modification is not synchronized with the version of the message on the
server, this will not work. So the questions as I see it, is whether
there is a relatively easy way to 'synch' modified message files upwards
to the server?