[Users] Finally, I had to switch to Thunderbird. CM is too slow to be usable!

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 13:01:00 CET 2013

previously on this list Steffen Klemer contributed:

> > > Does your Claws have NetworkManager support built in?
> > > That would probably help.
> >
> > Unfortunately not.
> > If the network disconnects, then CM goes offline and this is fine.
> > However, if the network is connected but the speed is close to zero
> > then this does not help.
>
> You can always press "ctrl+w" or File->Offline Mode. I usually do this
> when on slow connection on a train.

That's a good point and if you flick the connector switch in the bottom
right (go-offline) before closing claws then you will avoid claws
connecting automatically to the previously open folders and so only
to the folder you click on upon claws mail start.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)