[Users] Archlinux

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 10:49:22 CET 2013

previously on this list sylpheed at 911networks.com contributed:

> I've been an ubuntu user for many years. I want to put up a box with
> archlinux. I checked the downloads and do not see it there.

Why? for a newer package? Arch will also ship packages that are not
meant to be released yet due to missing functionality like they did with
udisks2 and break your system every other month with little warning
and sometimes when it could have quite easily been avoided, raising
other questions.

> Or... Doing my own compiles?

Means on Ubuntu you may get a slightly newer package and you could
change the password used to encrypt your passwords but I can't see it
being worth it when you could just a more secure mechanism like a ssh
tunnel/agent.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)