[Users] Over-printing above the headers.

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Fri Nov 1 20:40:43 CET 2013

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 12:10:24 -0700
Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 17:58:37 +0000
> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net> wrote:
>
> > In virtually every email I see this garbage in the space above the
> > headers, where the text is over-printing itself. I've attached a jpg
> > showing what I mean. Is it possible for something to be done about
> > this please, as its unsightly and doesn’t look nice?
>
> I just checked, and mine does the same if I shrink the claws window to
> around 850px wide.
>
> A couple possible fixes come to mind:  remove some of the text from
> that bar (not sure if it's configurable at all, you may have to edit
> the source) or reduce the size of the font (but it's already pretty
> small).
>
> A more flexible option would be to make one side overlap the other
> with a background that would block out the other text.  Then someone
> needs to decide which text is more important and should go on top.

I followed your advice and increased the size of my claws-mail window,
so I now have no space left in which to use the menu with, which is
very important on fluxbox as that’s the way to call up the menus for
other programmes! I still feel however, that maybe it should be dealt
with programittically so that it auto-sorts-itself-out!

Thanks
Sharon.
my git repo = https://github.com/boudiccas/dots
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944