[Users] Importing kmails complete mail corpus to claws

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sun May 26 11:08:01 CEST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 16:30:31 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> I prefer procmail filters because they're independent of any email
> client, they are in a plain text file that gets backed up and never
> replaced, and you can make new filters with copy and paste in your
> favorite text editor.

Just a small observation here. I too have been using almost identical setup for
years, but then threw out procmail, because if you wrote a new recipe and it
was syntactically incorrect, it tended to throw incoming e-mails away. I
replaced it with dovecot's sieve filtering, which simply logs a syntax error
and delivers e-mails to default inbox.

--
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>