[Users] Schedule for Ubuntu PPA Update

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri May 24 00:33:11 CEST 2013

  Hi Holger,

On Thu, 23 May 2013 19:00:32 +0200
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Ricardo,
>
> On Do, 23.05.2013 13:13, Ricardo Mones wrote:
>
> >  There's even a third possibility, forget about triplets and just
> > extract
> >the .so symlink location from python itself by running
> >“python-config --ldflags” and some sed/grep plumbing and readlink to
> >get the real location.
>
> That gives you the so name, but not the location. The problem is the
> location, not the name.

  Not sure what you mean, I was referring to these (for standard and
  multi-arch hosts):

$ python-config --ldflags
-L/usr/lib/python2.7/config -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -lpython2.7 -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

$ python-config --ldflags
-L/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib -lpthread -ldl  -lutil -lm  -lpython2.7 -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions

  Not the real location, but directly related, AFAICS.

> >  Dirty, but I think it works everywhere, being multi-arch or not :)
> >
> >  Any other ideas?
>
> I still seem like a bug to me that python's own standard sysconfig
> module reports the wrong path - so my "other idea" would be to have
> the Python packagers fix that, and then use sysconfig.

  Well, if requirement for 2.7 is really not a problem (as you
  mentioned before), you have also (standard and m-a hosts):

>>> print sysconfig.get_config_var('multiarchsubdir')
None

>>> print sysconfig.get_config_var('multiarchsubdir')
/x86_64-linux-gnu

  Which I guess could be joined-if-not-none in the middle of LIBDIR
  and LDLIBRARY values. I'm not the pythonist, so no idea how to :)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~