[Users] Importing kmails complete mail corpus to claws

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu May 23 20:33:36 CEST 2013

On Thursday 23 May 2013 14:29:18 Steve Litt did opine:

> On Wed, 22 May 2013 12:48:17 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I would like to be able to do this so that kmail remains intact and
> > usable until I have claws configured close enough to kmail that claws
> > can take over with no gaps in the timeline.
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> I can't help you with a cutover that remains parallel. The way I
> emigrated from Kmail involved a sharp cutover with a few
> dayshttp://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm of email
> downtime. I did this after months of investigating the best way of
> doing it. Here are the details:
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm

I haven't looked at that link yet, but the description sure sounds like
something I can wrap my head around.

Thank you very much.

> Basically, I got Dovecot running on my desktop machine. I grab my email
> with fetchmail, which shoots each message to procmail for deposit in
> the proper Dovecot email folder.

Humm, so your dovecot, nor CM actually sorts to the folder level.  I'll be
a while composing procmailrc rules for that as I'm on about 40 mailing
lists, each with its own subfolder in kmail.