[Users] Newbee questions

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed May 22 22:21:59 CEST 2013

On Wed, 22 May 2013 15:48:55 -0400
"Renaud (Ron) Olgiati" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

Hello Renaud,

>In KMail, when I am in the message list and use the down key, I am used
>to see the next message displayed; in CM, the subject of the next
>message gets highlited, but the message is only displayed after

In Configuration menu, Preferences->Display->Summaries, set "Open
message when selected" to 'Always'.  I think that does what you want.

>pressing "Enter"; similarly, pressing "Del" does not send the message

Same prefs page, ensure "Execute immediately when moving or deleting
messages" is set (checked/ticked).

>Is there a way to configure key shortcuts ?

Yes.  Hover the mouse pointer over the menu item you wish to set a
shortcut for, then press the key combo you wish to use.  To remove a
shortcut, hover over the menu item and press the delete key.

>I have imported my KMAil filter rules, but they are not applied to
>incoming messages; does this have to be activated somewhere ?

I'm unaware of any method of importing KMail's filter rules into CM;
The Claws Mail tools page (at http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php) lists
nothing other than Sylpheed to CM and TBird to CM filter conversion
tools.

--
 Regards  _
Never much liked playing there anyway