[Users] Build failure for perl plugin using 3.9.1git4

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu May 9 18:08:25 CEST 2013

Just tried to build git4 and I see that the perl plugin isn't being
built due to missing dependencies.

This was working fine with git2, so it looks like today's change to the
perl checks in configure.ac have broken something.

I'm using Fedora 18, it has all the normal perl stuff installed, and
libperl.so comes from perl-libs-5.16.3-1.fc18.x86_64.

The build finds perl>=5.8.0 ...yes,  then checks perl compile
flags ...ok, then adds perl LIBS FLAGS etc with the correct include
paths but then when it looks for perl_alloc in -lperl the result
is ...no

Is that what you would expect? I was expecting it to be ...yes

Any thoughts?

--

Brian Morrison