[Users] Claws Mail 3.9.1 unleashed!!

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu May 9 10:44:15 CEST 2013

On Thu, 9 May 2013 20:17:18 +1200
Trev Carey-Smith <trev at highwater.co.nz> wrote:

> ------8<--------
>
> The following error occurred while loading fancy.so :
>
> libicui18n.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> ------8<--------
>
> I have these object files:
> [bash]$ ls /usr/lib/libicui18n*
> /usr/lib/libicui18n.so -> libicui18n.so.51.1
> /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.51 -> libicui18n.so.51.1
> /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.51.1

It looks to me like a packaging error of your distro. Something like
the webkit package was built against a version of libicu that
doesn't exist and it is also missing it as a dependency.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune