[Users] Claws Mail 3.9.1 unleashed!!

Leon Fisk lfisk at iserv.net
Wed May 8 19:43:06 CEST 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013 00:09:01 +0200
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

>On Di, 07.05.2013 09:13, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the 3.9.1, which I'm using now to send this email but I
>>had some problem compiling
>>
>>xUbuntu 12.04
>>
>>I had to disable:
>>
>>* python plugin
>>* perl plugin
>>
>>because of missing dependencies.
>
>What exactly were your problems? If dependencies for plugins are
>missing, the plugins are just not built. You shouldn't have to disable
>something manually to get a compile of the rest.
<snip>

I had a similar, if not same problem with compiling the perl plugin.
Running configure didn't catch that I was missing "libperl-dev". It was
building fine till it hit the perl plugin and threw an error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[6]: *** [perl.la] Error 1
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I installed libperl-dev and then it compiled/finished okay.

Running configure did catch that I was missing "libarchive-dev" and
purposely disabled the Archiver plugin for me.

I do like having all the plugins with the main source code now. Makes
things easier for me at least :)

--
Leon
Claws 3.9.1, Ubuntu Karmic-Lucid