[Users] Claws Mail 3.9.1 unleashed!!

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Wed May 8 00:09:01 CEST 2013

On Di, 07.05.2013 09:13, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

>Thanks for the 3.9.1, which I'm using now to send this email but I
>had some problem compiling
>
>xUbuntu 12.04
>
>I had to disable:
>
>* python plugin
>* perl plugin
>
>because of missing dependencies.

What exactly were your problems? If dependencies for plugins are
missing, the plugins are just not built. You shouldn't have to disable
something manually to get a compile of the rest.

>I have one perl script that I want to convert to python.

The perl and python plugins serve distinct purposes. They are not
interchangable.

>What are the python and perl dependencies?

It would have helped if you had given the respective error messages.
Without, one can just guess. My guess for python would be that you're
missing pygtk development packages.

Holger