[Users] Problem with 'Execute > Forward' in filtering

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Thu Mar 28 07:15:38 CET 2013

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 17:49:46 +0100, Colin wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:29:03 -0700, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>
> > I'm not trying to imply that something is wrong with CM. Could be,
> > very likely that I'm doing either something wrong or not intended.
> >
> > All this is because I can't install procmail on the mail server.
>
> It may be a race when multiple mails match, I'm not sure...

No, it's a standard error that comes up when you try to send an email
(start a SMTP session from CM) when a SMTP session is already active.

The problem is that Claws-Mail will only have one SMTP session with a
server and any new instructions to start a new session are rejected
and the email is put in the queue.

You can easily replicate this by trying to "Send Now" an email that
is large enough to take a few seconds to send. While that mail is
sending "Send Now" another message.

One possible solution is allowing multiple SMTP sessions. It has its
own set of problems. :)

The other possible solution is to "queue" SMTP sessions. So when the
first ends, the second starts. This one has its own set of
problems too. :)

Anyhow, hope the above provides more info on what's going on.

[a]