[Users] "Fancy" error

Michael Hughes claws-mail_user at thehugheslogcabin.net
Wed Mar 20 11:37:14 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 06:21:02 -0400
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> After restarting claws-mail this morning, I find that I can no longer
> view HTML emails. I discovered that the "fancy" plugin was no longer
> loaded. When I attempted to load it, I was greeted with this error
> message:
>

> The following error occurred while loading fancy.so :
>
> /usr/local/lib/claws-mail/plugins/fancy.so: Undefined symbol
> "webkit_web_view_get_selected_text"
>

> System information:
>
> System Information
> GTK+ 2.24.17 / GLib 2.34.3
> Locale: C (charset: US-ASCII)
> Operating System: FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE (amd64)
> Claws Mail version 3.9.0
>
> I have restarted claws-mail; however, that did not correct the
> problem.
>
> The only thing that I think might be causing the problem is that I
> updated to "webkit-gtk2-1.8.3" in the ports system last night. I had
> version "webkit-gtk2-1.2.7_1" installed previously.
>
> --
> Jerry ♔
>
> Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
> Please do not ignore the Reply-To header.

Jerry,
Depending on how you updated webkit-gtk the old library could have been
deleted and you will have to recompile Fancy so it links against the
new library.

That is one of the things I don't like about using portupgrade and like
programs, they delete the older version of the libraries which makes it
harder to recompile programs that depend on them as you have time.

--
Michael Hughes                      Log Home living is the best