[Users] I need help with my mail client [Was: running cron on UTC]

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Mar 1 17:54:58 CET 2013

On Mar 01, 2013, at 07:02 AM, Jerry wrote:

>> You could begin by telling the (ocluc) list admins to _stop munging_
>> the damn Reply-To headers.  That is broken behavior, as nicely
>> explained here (among many other places):
>>
>> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
>Interestingly enough, there is also an opposite opinion on the matter:
><http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/reply-to-useful.html>

One of the most wonderful things about Claws is a little thing, but it makes
this ancient and perennial argument go away.  Claws gives you the C-l (reply
to list) feature, so if your mailing list is well behaved and includes an RFC
2369 List-Post header, you don't need to munge (read: break, IMHO) Reply-To
headers to get everything you want.

Cheers,
-Barry