[Users] Sig delimiter not honoured in NG replies

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 11:05:31 CEST 2013

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:02:33 +1000
John Phillips <phillips88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe it is me, but when replying to a post in CM to a newsgroup (CM
> 3.9.1) the sig delimiter in the original posts (--  that is dash
> dash space) is disregarded in the quoted reply text, and the sig and
> associated rubbish also pops up on the follow up screen.
>
> Is there a setting for this?

When you say 'is diregarded' in one and 'also pops up' in the other I
assume that you mean disregarded in both.

This is due to how you have your reply template configured
('Rely tab on /Configuration/Preferences/Compose/Reply). You are
using "%quoted_msg_no_sig" (or %q) rather than "%quoted_msg" (or %Q).

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune