[Users] How do you assign single-letter hotkeys to actions?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sat Jun 29 13:22:14 CEST 2013

Hi all,

As a recent Thunderbird convert, I am used to pressing "m" to mark a
message as unread.  I am trying to tell Claws to do the same, but I
can't seem to manage it.

In the Preferences under Miscellaneous I have enabled customisable
keyboard shortcuts.  But when I right-click on a message, go to the
Mark submenu, highlight "Mark as unread" and press "m", it does not
accept the shortcut key and instead marks the message by displaying a
little tick next to it in the summary view.

How can I assign the "m" key to mark a message as unread?

Many thanks,
Adam.