[Users] 'signing' emails

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Mon Jun 17 22:09:07 CEST 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:28:17 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:26:08 +0100
> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net> wrote:
>
> > I had a look today and I cant activate 'gpg-agent' any how, even
> > though it is installed. I cant find any menu entry for it, and
> > neither can I activate it from the commandline. But it seems to be
> > used by the 'GNU Privacy Assistant' which I can use okay. Does this
> > help?
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Plugins#How_do_I_configure_gpg-agent_and_the_PGP_plugin.3F
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

I'm glad you posted that link as it proved that I hadn’t got
pinentry-qt so I installed it and rebooted. Now I cant send and sign
even though I've put the conf files in place and rebooted. It says I
have a bad passphrase, yet I only have one key which expires in June
2014. There are times when I hate computers!

So now I have pinentry + the conf files as per the article, and I still
cant send! I'm not even getting the password enter box!

Please, how do I get out of this mess?

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/index.html
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.0.3.3,