[Users] Problem displaying images

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 08:53:32 CEST 2013

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:48:48 -0700
Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:

> Using Claws-Mail 3.9.2 compiled on openSUSE 12.3 with no additional
> options I notice that images contained inline in a message are not
> being displayed.  The image windows are displayed but only contain
> a small red x (see attached).
>
> All the configuration options for images  in "Preferences > Message
> View > Image Viewer" are checked.
>
> Does this indicate that I am missing some image protocol/driver?

Hard to be 100% certain of the problem without seeing the actual
message, but...

You image shows that you have the Fancy html rendering plugin loaded
and are viewing an html message part with it. You can't see the image
because it's a broken link. That is, the html image tag is pointing
to a remote image that doesn't actually exist.

If you want a 100% accurate answer then send the message to me
privately, attaching (not forwarding) the whole message.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune