[Users] Idea - Could we "delay" signature checking on an email ?

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Jul 29 07:48:54 CEST 2013

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:54:47 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

Paul> maybe it'd be possible to cache that information ?

Ricardo> IIRC gpg already does this in the public keyring, you probably
Ricardo> need to launch a gpg --refresh-keys periodically to keep them
Ricardo> up to date and go to the network only for the new ones.

Going off on a tangent a bit, but what do you mean by this?  For me,
signature check simply fails unless I have downloaded the key to my
local keyring.  (Claws says "Key 0x0123ABCD not available to verify this
signature.")  Is there a way to make gpg download the key on demand?
If so, I don't know about it, so please enlighten me.

Thanks.