[Users] Idea - Could we "delay" signature checking on an email ?

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Tue Jul 23 11:10:20 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using email signing for every email I send, and some of the people I'm
discussing with are also signing. So, when you select (mouse click, or
cursor arrows) such an email, Claws validate the signature before
displaying the message.
This operation requires a few hundreds of msec... Which is basically
nothing... except when navigating the mail list with cursor keys ! When the
selection hits such an email, cursor keys are no more accepted until the
check is finished, which is frustrating if your final destination is know
to be a different email.

Of course, I could use the mouse... but in several occasions, keys are
still faster !

So, the question is : could we delay that check, and start it only if the
selection stays on a signed email for "some time" ?

Thanks a lot for the ideas, or the pointer, I will attempt to code that
based on your inputs.

Best,
Paul