[Users] Can you apply multiple filters to a message?

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sat Jul 20 01:52:15 CEST 2013

Whooo, that was messed up.

What I meant to say was:

On Mi, 17.07.2013 18:41, Adam Nielsen wrote:

>so I'd like to have a rule
>which just unmarks every message last of all (or one that unmarks then
>keeps trying the next filter.)

The first option won't work (see below), but the second one should be
possible..

>However it seems Claws stops processing rules once it finds a matching
>filter.

Some filter actions in Claws Mail are "final" which means that following
actions won't be done anymore, and also that no further rules will be
applied. Final rules are (out of my head, might be incomplete): Delete,
move, and stop.

So, you cannot move and then unmark, but you should be able to have a
rule that unmarks, followed by more rules that do further processing.

>If I have a filter that unmarks messages followed by one that
>moves them, the messages get unmarked but not moved.

This should actually work.

> If I put the move
>filter first, they get moved but not unmarked.

That's true, since moving is final, see above.

In any case, if your rules get so complicated, maybe it would make
sense for you to use the Perl plugin. There, you can group, nest and
combine as you wish.

Holger