[Users] saving encrypted outgoing mail

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Jul 18 17:47:07 CEST 2013

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:07:02 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

Ian> When I send GPG encrypted mail, it is saved to the requisite folder
Ian> on my side but I cannot read it (I see just an error message
Ian> "Cannot decrypt" or similar).  This makes some sense because, after
Ian> all, I don't have the corresponding private key with which to
Ian> decrypt it.  But would it be possible to give an option to save the
Ian> message to a local folder _before_ encryption?  Gnus does something
Ian> like that IIRC.

Ricardo> Enabling “Encrypt sent messages with your own key in addition
Ricardo> to recipient's” in Privacy page of account preferences should
Ricardo> allow you to decrypt the message without having a clear text
Ricardo> copy in other folder, though.

Thanks, I missed those options because I was looking for them in the
Plugins/GPG section ..