[Users] Saving sent mail in SENT folder on IMAP Server

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Jan 31 23:57:01 CET 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:31:17 -0500
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I recently got appointed to a state committee. The law requires that
> all email be kept indefinitely in the event that it was to ever be
> subpoenaed. I was told all sent mail was to be stored in the mail
> servers SENT folder. I know of a program, Becky Internet Mail that can
> do this, but that is a Windows application. How can I accomplish this
> using claws-mail? If it is not possible, I will be forced to use the
> web interface to send mail from my committee's email account.
>
> By the way, this would only effect that one account. I want my other
> email accounts to save mail on my PC exactly as it has been doing.

CM will, provided it is an IMAP account, store sent mails in the sent
folder on the server if the server has a special folder marked for that
purpose. Otherwise open preferences->advanced, put a check mark in the
line stating: put sent messages in and use the browse option to point
to a folder on the IMAP server. But before doing all this why not try
to send a test email to yourself and see where the sent email ends up?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
  We must believe in free will. We have no choice. -Isaac B. Singer