[Users] build Claws or accept the Ubuntu version?

RSV-RR rsv869 at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 31 02:05:06 CET 2013

Hello group

I learned there's an improved version of the address book available in
Claws if you build the package (I think you also have to build the
address book, too).

Not too worried about the process but I wonder if this improvement
will be going into an Ubuntu release next time around?  Have to ask
"why go looking for trouble?", if you know what I mean, if it's going
to be a part of future distro?

Also, if I build it and improvements / fixes do become available I
think I'm stuck with a manual fix process.  That is, I'm pretty certain
there's no linkage between a compiled packages and general release
updates from Ubuntu.

Anyway, thoughts welcome.

RV