[Users] sent account not corrosponding to current mailbox

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Sat Jan 19 21:50:19 CET 2013

Hi,

Dňa Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:57:33 +0000 Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk>
napísal:

> lists in the same folder.  It's a very bad idea, IMO, since it
> negates the whole purpose of filtering the mail in the first place.

I am sorry, i don't agree with filtering purpose - for me is only one
purpose - to simplify mi life (in mean reading a lot of mails) :-)

Why bad idea putting more ML into one folder? For example, to have two
separate folders for CM ML and CM Translation ML is wasting space in
folder's tree for me, because they are nearly related. And i have more
translation ML, where i need to read project's and team ML together,
but mostly there is minimal traffic in both.

Filtering was not purpose to put all things to own, separate, place, but
allow people to filter messages by they needs. I am using a lot of
rules, which puts things in separate folders and a lot of rules to put
similar things into common folders. I cannot generalize when i use one
or second, because it is case depended.

I am using more email address too, mostly aliases. Some i am using by
historical reason, some by security - as example can be recently
hacked Debian's wiki, where is email used as login and attacker gets
the email addresses and password's hashes. I simply deleted the alias,
created new one with new wiki account, etc - and the attacker have
unusable information (in my case) :-)

And some other emails i am using simply because i can.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk