[Users] Hide deleted messages just stopped working :: MORE INFORMATION

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jan 10 04:17:02 CET 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 22:02:49 -0500, Steve Litt said:
> Hi all,
>
> View->Hide_deleted_messages just quit working today, for no reason at
> all. I've verified this problem in two different folders, and
> closed and reopened Claws between the two. Before today, it worked
> just fine.
> Preferences_for_current_account->advanced->move_to_trash_and_expunge_immediately
> appears to work just fine. As far as I know, I made no changes to
> Claws or the Dovecot server Claws is sucking from in a timeframe that
> would have caused this change. I'll let you know when I have more
> information on this idiosyncrasy.

Hi all,

I eliminated the symptom by doing dovecot stop on my dovecot server,
and then dovecot -F to run it in the foreground, after which all the
deleted messages I'd unsuccessfully hidden hid themselves. Also, Empty
Trash works again.

So my current assumption is that this was a dovecot problem.
Unfortunately, I "fixed" it before I could use Thunderbird on it to
verify that both email clients displayed the same symptom, which of
course would have proven almost conclusively that this was a dovecot
problem.

So you can safely ignore this thread -- it appears to have nothing to
do with Claws, unless Claws somehow corrupted Dovecot's process, but
that's kind of a stretch.

Thanks

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt