[Users] Retrieval of message headers followed by selection of desired action per message

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 09:33:49 CET 2013

On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 22:21:25 +0200
rsg at mweb.co.za wrote:

<snip>
> evaluating Claws Mail 3.7.4
<snip>

3.7.4 was released 3 years, there have been 9 releases since. Using
such an old version is not recommended, and neither would it allow you
a fair evaluation.

<snip>
> (a) Retrieve the whole message but leave it on the server.
> (b) Delete the message from the server without retrieving.
> (c) Retrieve the whole message and Delete from the server.
<snip>
> I know that Claws Mail can be set to comply either with option (a)
> or option (c).
<snip>
> Is there a way to emulate the options provided by Pegasus and, if
> so, how may this be done?

Claws Mail used to have option (b), but it was replaced by a better
feature: On the Receive tab of the set the 'receive size limit'.
Messages larger than this size will be partially retrieved. You will
then be able to delete them on the server or download the whole
message. See the attached screenshot.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune