[Users] Retrieval of message headers followed by selection of desired action per message

rsg at mweb.co.za rsg at mweb.co.za
Tue Jan 1 21:21:25 CET 2013

Good day,

I am running Ubuntu Linux and use Pegasus Mail under Wine. Whilst
Pegasus (a Windows e-mail client) provides exactly what I need,
running it under Wine is not entirely satisfactory. I am therefore
evaluating Claws Mail 3.7.4 as a possible replacement on the Linux
platform.

The connection to my Internet Service Provider (POP3 protocol) is
slow and my contract provides a limited data capacity per month.
Pegasus Mail allows me to fetch the Headers of all messages on the
server and then provides the following options:
(a) Retrieve the whole message but leave it on the server.
(b) Delete the message from the server without retrieving.
(c) Retrieve the whole message and Delete from the server.

Each header in the group may be marked individually with the desired
response (a, b or c) and then an execution command is sent.

I know that Claws Mail can be set to comply either with option (a) or
option (c). This may be done via the Configuration menu (Preferences
for current account / Receive) followed by deselecting or selecting
"Remove messages on server when received" respectively. Whatever is
selected is applied to all messages on the server.

Is there a way to emulate the options provided by Pegasus and, if so,
how may this be done?

Thank you,
Rodney Gray