[Users] Regexp filter in claws-mail for Windows

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sun Feb 24 16:56:25 CET 2013

On 24 February 2013 at 16h02, Egbert Bouwman wrote:

Hi,

> My filter is [0-9]{4,4}~  ie exactly four digits followed by a tilde.
> Claws says it is a matchcase condition. Also I cannot indicate that
> it is a regexp.
> So I get the impression that regexps are not yet implemented.

You are right, they are disabled (but not in a visible manner) in
Windows, because there is a memory leak each time a regex is used on
this platform, and it ends up being huge. I've not yet been able to
find out the root cause.

> If that is right, are there any plans to change that situation ?

That would be a good idea for me to put a new look to that, I didn't
since years. I can't promise anything, though :)

> Even if I say that I will go on using Claws-mail ?

Oh, in this case I won't even look! ;-)

--
Colin