[Users] Bcc and To...

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Feb 22 09:38:25 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:33:40AM -0600, JB wrote:

>   Is there a way to make it so that when I click on compose and
> the window pops up that the 'To' is automatically 'Bcc' instead?

  No, but you can probably use the python plugin to write a little
script which does it. That will probably make you send mails to
people in Bcc you really wanted in To... :)

>   Today on another list, someone screwed up big time and sent a
> post to the list and left his whole addressbook list open in the
> 'To' field. Then, a little later, someone remarked about it but
> didn't trim anything out!
>
>   I've screwed up by not Bcc'ing once so far since '95, but I'm
> catching myself forgetting things a little more often and not
> seeing things quite as well and my typing is going to crap, so
> I figure if I can have it so that my compse e-mails are
> automatically brought up to 'Bcc' instead of 'To', it wouldn't
> mess anything up and I believe it would be easier to change to
> 'To' if I actually needed to than the other way around.

  It's equally easy to change from To -> Bcc than Bcc -> To, just
drop the header entry menu and select. The problem is that no MUA
can read your mind to know when to do one thing or the other.
  The golden rule is think twice before answering, and to read the
answer twice before sending it.

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones