[Users] vCalendar plug-in and SSL?

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Fri Feb 15 17:21:37 CET 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:51:58 +0100
"Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:

> Am Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:36:18 -0500
> schrieb Jim Seymour <jseymour at LinxNet.com>:
>
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:11:36 +0100
> > Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> > > What is the exact error message?
> >
> > Screen capture attached.  (This is Claws-Mail 3.9.0cvs12 under Win7,
> > but I *believe* I'm seeing the same [?] error under Linux, with a
> > different release version.  I'll check later.)
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jim
>
> Although the relevant part is greyed out I suppose you might not have
> provided user:password within the URL.

The "relevant part" to which you refer is simply the hostname.

I've tried researching webcal URLs/URIs and found exactly *nothing*
useful.  So I simply put in what Lightning requires.  Lightning, btw,
*asks* for the username and password on connection.

Encoding the username:password into the URL, where it would appear in
plain text to anybody who might care to look, would not be an
acceptable solution.  If that's the (only) way vCalendar works, I'll
have to use something else.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is