[Users] Firefox and Claws Mail

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Wed Feb 13 10:17:08 CET 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:24:32 -0800, Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

> I suggest this is in fact a buglet in Claws.
>
> The directory for the "pidfile" (or socket) should not be affected by
> the TMPDIR environment variable.  It should be configured at compile
> time, with the possibility of overriding with a command line option.
> That way calling Claws from other programs like Firefox will always
> work.

I disagree. Such things should not be hardcoded because they may vary
from machine to machine, even if they're using the same Claws-Mail
binary.

What is highly asking-for-trouble, though, is redefining variables such
as $TMPDIR inside a single user session. Things launched from a GUI
should have the same basic environment.
--
Colin