[Users] vCalendar plug-in and SSL?

James Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Feb 12 22:54:53 CET 2013

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:46:25 +0100
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:40:46 -0500, James Seymour
> <jseymour at LinxNet.com> wrote:
>
> > > Claws-mail 3.8.0 on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) install.
> > > vCalendar 3.8.0, also.
> > >
> > > Doesn't appear to be a way to get it to work with SSL webcal
> > > URLs?
> >
> > Nobody knows?  Nobody uses vCalendar?  The mailto: associated with
> > this plugin resolves to this mailing list.
>
> Well, it should work if your libcurl works with SSL urls.

Finally got around to fooling with it again.

Thunderbird with the Lightning plugin works with:

    https://www.example.com/cal/username/calendar/

Claws-Mail/vCalendar does not like https: or webcals:, and
webcal: simply times-out.

Would hate to have to go back to Thunderbird...

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is