[Users] marking reply text within a message

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Tue Feb 5 14:15:01 CET 2013

On 5 Feb 2013, at 07:14, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:30:38 +0000
> Richard Bown <richard at g8jvm.com> wrote:
>
>> If I use a different font, do MS mailers change the font to their
>> system default, or is it left in its original font ?
>> So if I sent in a gothic font for instance, would the reply back to
>> me show the part originated by me in the gothic font ?, or would CM
>> change it to system default ?
>
> In Claws Mail you write plain text messages only. It doesn't matter
> what font you see on your screen, the message is just plain text,
> Claws Mail never sends any information about what font to render the
> message in on the recipient's sytem. The recipient sees it with
> whatever font they have configured their system to use.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

This is also covered in the FAQs:

http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/General_Information#Does_Claws_Mail_allow_me_to_write_HTML_styled_messages.3F

It might be worthwhile adding a dedicated question for less tech savvy users  - it seems claws' user base is growing recently and this is something new users might not expect - unless they chose claws exactly because it does email like it was meant to - in the "Composing Mails Or News" section of the FAQ.

Something like:

Q: Can I change the font when composing messages?
A: basically Paul's text from above plus a reference to the general topic of HTML messages.