[Users] Windows build update to 3.9.3

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sat Dec 28 18:46:07 CET 2013

On 28 December 2013 at 17h28, Brian Morrison wrote:

Hi,

> It does indeed Colin, thanks very much.

You're welcome !

> One question, you have a much larger git version number on Win32, does
> that mean that you have a separate git repo and your own patches? I
> assume that at some point these will be merged into the *nix git if
> that makes sense to do?

If you're talking about the 'pkg46' part in the name, it's the SVN
revision number, as the Win32 packaging system is versioned using SVN.

If you're talking about 'git31', it's the normal git number as
calculated when building the snapshots.

The packagins system can be checked out using the info at the bottom of
the "Get GIT" page http://claws-mail.org/git.php

It's derived out of the GPG4Win build system and I still have on my
todo list to reintegrate my changes to their system, but it's a lot of
work (and also with Webkit now taking most of the build time, I'm
unsure they'd be glad about that.)
--
Colin