[Users] Claws, Firefox and mailto

Geraint Hywel G.S.J.Hywel at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Dec 24 11:01:29 CET 2013

Dear All.

When I click a mailto tag in Firefox, it starts up a new instance of
Claws, even if there is one already running.

Performing the same operation in Chrome works correctly (it uses the
existing instance of Claws).

The relevant preference in Firefox appears to be set correctly:
  http://i.imgur.com/HDi2Cm6.png

I suspect that this is a Firefox issue, rather than a Claws one, but I
wondered if anyone else here had seen it before, and knew of a
workaround..?

I'm running Claws 3.9.2 on a Fedora 19 box.  I'm using the Gnome 3
desktop right now, but I was until very recently using KDE4, and had
the same problem there, too.

Regards

--
Geraint Hywel