[Users] theme icons

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 09:20:01 CET 2013

Ian Nartowicz wrote:

> The ham_btn icon only appears for spam items.  Look in your spam folder
> and it should show up on the toolbar.  It also appears in the palette
> of icons that you can pick for toolbar items.

I hadn't found it - I just didn't look in the right place.  Things have
become a bit confused here, there might be some minor incompatability
between 3.8.0, 3.8.1, and 3.8.2, or then again it might just be me.  :-(
The palette is not behaving as I would expect, I'll worry about it
after Christmas.

> Your rot13 button is a custom action.  It does not have an icon in
> the default theme and you can't define one yourself.  You can pick
> an icon from the palette for custom actions, or Claws will pick one
> for you.  I think it just picks the same icon as the first button
> currently on the toolbar, not very helpful.

The relevant configuration file seems to be
~/.claws-mail/toolbar_main.xml  For some reason it seems to have
picked up "category", something to do with the address book.

> It would be nice to be able to define additional icons for the
> palette, but you can't.  However, it is worth noting that there
> are at least two icons in the palette that are never used in any
> current or recent version of Claws, so you could use those as
> custom icons.  These are the notice_note and notice_error icons,
> which used to appear on dialogs but are no longer used.
> The notice_warn icon is used, so don't mess with that.

Let's see if I can fool it one way or another.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...