[Users] spam mail lead into 100% cpu

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Fri Dec 20 16:59:56 CET 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:40:39 +0100
Frank Dietrich <bits_n_bytes at gmx.de> wrote:

> Question to the CM hackers: Would it make sense to forward this spam
> email to someone for investigation why CM is blocked with it?
> I have installed the GtkHtml2 viewer plugin version 0.33.

Yes, please forward this spam email as attachment. If there is a
problem with Fancy Plugin, it will be forwarded to Bugzilla. I guess,
since Fancy Plugin is using WebKit (I assume WebKitGTK+), you can test
the HTML attachment, of the spam email in question, with a WebKit-based
web browser and observe if problem persist with it.

Open a WebKit-based web browser and drag 'n' drop the HTML attachment
icon into it.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:38:24 +0100
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:53:49 +0100, "Genghis Khan"
> <genghiskhan at gmx.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I am not a Claws Mail developer and as such I have avoided to
> > respond to your message.
>
> Well, your reply's great, don't hesitate to answer :) The user
> community often finds answers we developers don't think of!

Thank you, Colin.

If I know I have a solution, I, usually, would not hesitate to post it,
but since the answer, in this case, is "matter is irrelevant" (thus
original post is redundant), which is discouraging somewhat, I figured
it would be best to be posted by a member of The Claws Mail Team.

> > I assume the answer would be this:
> > > the gtkhtml2 plugin has now been dropped and superseded by the
> > > Fancy plugin
>
> Exactly that :)
> Thanks !

You are welcome; and, again, thank you.

Regards,
--GK.

--
Defending the constitution is expensive!
Help Lavabit.com by donating to the Lavabit Legal Defense Fund