[Users] Encrypting all outgoing Mails in Sentfolder

claws at plaintext.ath.cx claws at plaintext.ath.cx
Fri Dec 20 12:51:23 CET 2013

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:28:26 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:15:36 +0100
> > So there should be an option like:
> > [x] encrypt _every_ mail in sent-folder with my key :-)
>
> That makes me wonder, if they are being sent unencrypted anyway, what
> are you gaining from having them stored encrypted? And maybe an
> encrypted partition is a better option.

I want at least my end encrypted. It is easy, (apart from the
sent-folder. Workaround could be to disable the sent-folder or keep it
locally, but that is not nice.)

Well the benefit is that all mail at the providers place are encrypted.
This is calming. I can only read the mails if I load the key from my
stick first, at home, work, laptop etc.
(for example, on holiday, you can use any laptop, terminal to check
the mail without too much fear of exposing everything (different reply
address then, without encryption, but no acces to the mail-archive of
course))
It is just a second level of security.

t.