[Users] Encrypting all outgoing Mails in Sentfolder

claws at plaintext.ath.cx claws at plaintext.ath.cx
Fri Dec 20 12:15:36 CET 2013

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:19:02 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:15:45 +0100
> claws at plaintext.ath.cx wrote:
>
> > At the moment every mail in my inbox is encrypted apart from the
> > sent-Folder (with makes the whole business useless somehow.)
>
> So you're only sending unencrypted mail and only receiving encrypted
> mail??

Well, the background is, that more or less nobody is using encryption.
But I want to have an encrypted Mailbox.
So every incoming mail gets encrypted with my key via procmail.
The mail is then forwarded to my provider.

When sending to someone, I have the pgp key, the mail in the
sent-folder is encrypted as well like colin point out.

"Se the account's privacy preferences to

[x] encrypt sent messages with your own key in addition to recipients'
[ ] save sent encrypted messages as clear text
"

So that works fine. But that only happens when writing to someone which
pgp-key, and that is rarely the case (unfortunately)

It should be easy for CM to encrypt them even though the mail (for
example to this list) will be sent unencrypted.

So the funny thing is, that although nearly everything is encrypted the
sent-folder reveals everything. (replies including citation)

So there should be an option like:
[x] encrypt _every_ mail in sent-folder with my key :-)

Thanks.
t.