[Users] dealing with *too* many folders

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Dec 8 18:27:24 CET 2013

Hi Charles,

Like you, I was talking about the dialog box opened by Ctrl+o. Try
all the referenced hotkeys after pressing Ctrl+O.

* Home goes to top
* End goes to bottom
* - collapses the current node (whole outline if on top node)
* + expands current node
* Ctrl+KB_Plus expands whole outline
* PgUp and PgDn do exactly what you'd expect
* Up and Down go to next match, or one up or down if no search
* Backspace goes to current node's parent

So,

* Ctrl+o, - collapses the first account
* Ctrl+o, -, + opens first account to level 1
* Ctrl+o, End, - collapses the last account
* Then move up one line and do the same thing to collapse the second to
  last account

So, no matter what state of expansion or collapse you want the Ctrl+o
"Select Folder" dialog box to assume, you're a couple hotkeys away
from the desired state. Unless, of course, your keyboard has no keypad,
in which case you can't expand all, so with the current defaults, you'd
just Esc to close the window and Ctrl+o to open a new one, fully
expanded.

Once you know about all the hotkeys, the Ctrl+o dialog box becomes a
work of art, and a thing of beauty. More documentation is needed to get
out the word.

Thanks,

SteveT