[Users] dealing with *too* many folders

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Dec 7 18:34:52 CET 2013

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 09:56:01 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 04:32:05 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
> > and there isn't even a keystroke to fold
> > everything into the top nodes.
>
> Ahh, so you don't know about the + (plus) and - (minus) keys.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Very, very nice! I didn't know this, and it scratches about 90% of my
itch. After reading your message, I really began experimenting
with hotkeys in the move dialog, and found several things:

* Home, End, Up, Down, PgUp and PgDown do just what you'd expect
* To collapse the whole thing, you may need to press Home before -
* Searches on the first few chars continue to work on anything
  currently expanded.

Now that 90% of my itch was already scratched by the current behavior
of Claws, does anyone know if there's a hotkey to expand the *entire*
tree at once? This would be useful for when one gives up on drilling
down and wants to search the entire outline. If I could find this
functionality, I think both I and the Original Poster (OP) would be
*completely* satisfied with the current Claws behavior. Who needs a
config option to start collapsed when Home,- collapses you, and if you
do it immediately, - alone does it?

Paul, thanks for the great, useful, and time saving information!

Thanks,

SteveT