[Users] dealing with *too* many folders

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Dec 7 18:20:34 CET 2013

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 09:50:22 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 04:32:05 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't imagine any rationale by which a tree
> > would start fully expanded.
>
> Ahh, so you don't realise that those "excellent and quick navigation
> methods" only work on a fully expanded tree.

Why is that? Similar navigations work on collapsed trees in Vim. I
don't think "navigation works only on expanded" is a law of nature like
e=mc**2, it's just the way Claws works right now.

I think probably the OP and I (and probably many others) would be quite
satisfied with "expand all" and "collapse all" hotkeys plus a config
option saying whether we preferred it start expanded or collapsed.

SteveT