[Users] mysterious message with bogofilter after clean install of SuSE 12.3 -- SOLVED

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 3 01:24:11 CET 2013

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 15:02:27 -0800
Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
> > Here is what I get from the command line (shell) trying three ways
> > to find bogofilter:
>
> And that output suggests that bogofilter is not installed (or if it is
> it's in some obscure place and the locate database hasn't been
> updated). I'm not totally sure what SuSE uses for package management,
> but I'd type:
>
>   sudo yum install bogofilter
>
> (which will then ask you for your password so that it can install
> bogofitler), let that run, and then try again.
>
> Dan

Thanks, everyone who replied. Indeed, the bogofilter plug-in was
installed with claws-mail but bogofilter itself was not. Duh!!!

It just never occurred to me that bogofilter would not still be there
after the clean install of the operating system.

zypper install bogofilter did the trick. It's now working.  :o)

whereis bogofilter reports exactly as you said it would.

Thanks again to the list.
Gil