[Users] mysterious message with bogofilter after clean install of SuSE 12.3

Charles Lipton crlipton at gol.com
Tue Dec 3 00:25:29 CET 2013

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:17:04 -0500
Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Buit I can't get bogofilter to work, and nothing is being directed
>into the "spam" folder where bogofilter is supposed to be directing
>the junk mail.

I had a similar problem when I switched from Kubuntu 13.10 to Debian
7.02 and the standard installed version of Claws mail changed from 3.9.2
to 3.8.1.

I had forgotten to copy over the hidden file .bogofilter (my filtering
history file) into the same directory (Home), as .claws-mail and
everything was being dumped into my Inbox. Once the file was copied in
and Claws Mail was re-started, I re-checked all of my Bogofilter
settings in Preferences and everything settled down pretty quickly.

I suppose I could upgrade, but I love that systray notification icon
and didn't realize just how much I'd missed it.  Could we have it back
in later versions, please?

--
Charles Lipton
crlipton at gol.com