[Users] Periodic "connection failed"

Haines Brown haines at histomat.net
Mon Aug 26 03:10:54 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 08:47:31PM -0400, Steve Chupack wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 01:44:28 +0200
> Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
>
> > I see no problems in the debug.
>

> The only thing interesting to me here is the last two lines...
>
> main.c:2627:Failed to get state info from NetworkManager: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
> main.c:2627:Failed to get state info from NetworkManager: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
>
>  This would indicate to me that maybe NetworkMisManager (sorry, that's my
>  pet name for it) isn't able to communicate properly with Claws. But
>  that's an uneducated guess, and it may be a harmless error, i.e. Claws
>  may be saying "I can't talk to NM and I'm ignoring it".

Well, whenever I install a debian I make a point of never intalling a
network manager. I probably should check, but I believe there's only wicd.
I should have mentioned that in my note. As you suggest, no access to the
network manager is likely to generate a different error. The error I get
suggests to me that Claws is misconfigured, but I didn't change anything
and the configuration looks OK to me.  Since I can sent mail from the
machine and browse the web, the wicd is working properly.

Haines